I heart wool and sharp pointy sticks

A blog about my obsessive compulsive knitting escapades!

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Vegan Stripes for 22 year olds

As predicted, I've been slacking on the whole knitting thing... These past couple of weeks have been nutso! Today and tomorrow I'll be auditioning actors for my flick. I've never cast professionals, so I'm kind of nervous, but trying not to think about it. So far, so good. Haven't freaked out yet ;-)

Here's one FO that I managed to complete, the stripey scarf:


I used gray and lime green Jaeger Merino Aran yarn. It's basically stockinette stitch with a single cable down the middle... I tried to block it from curling, but didn't exactly work out. Que sera.

Monday was my birthday, (the big 22) so my mom took me out to lunch. Yay mom! We went to Kate's Joint down in the village, where they make the BEST veggie burgers EVER! The Un-Turkey Club comes highly recommended as well. If you haven't guessed, this place is vegan. I'm totally not vegan, but for some reason I'm very fond of disgustingly healthy food. :-P

I also bought "The Knitting Bible", which I'm digging right now. It's got almost every single stitch, and technique... much better and clearer to understand than the Debbie Bliss one.

Anywho, gotta get organazized for later on.

Tere-- about the shrug, I haven't finished it because I ran out of wool! I'm like 3.75/4 done with it, too! Literally! I'm ordering more as I speak! ;-)

~ kk xo

11 Comments:

At February 2, 2005 at 6:25 PM, Blogger Kitten said...

That scarf kicks ass.

 
At February 2, 2005 at 6:41 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Happy birthday Kristin! My birthday was Monday as well (23) .. isn't that weird? I hope you had fun the rest of the day. I checked out "The Knitting Bible" at Barnes & Noble but I bought Hip to Crochet instead.

 
At February 3, 2005 at 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like Kate's, you would really like Red Bamboo on W. 4th St. and 6th Ave. They have excellent fake buffalo wings and other fake meats.

 
At February 5, 2005 at 4:29 AM, Blogger Adele said...

Cute scarf. Great photo! You got some sweet photos on your site. Great style you got going on too. My kind of girl! :)

Oh, and when I say 'sweet' I don't mean girly pinky sweet but 'cool' sweet.

 
At February 5, 2005 at 9:15 AM, Blogger illanna said...

Sorry I guess I wasn't signed in before- I was the one who mentioned red bamboo- Happy Birthday too!! I hate it when people post anonymously...like I just did...

 
At February 6, 2005 at 7:17 AM, Blogger Christine (knitting for boozehags) said...

Happy birthday!!

 
At February 10, 2005 at 12:18 PM, Blogger thischic said...

Hey, I have to say I love your scarf...But one question what method did you use when making your scarf....did you twist the yarns at the end of each row to carry the one you wanted to knit with, or did you stop and start to add colors each time you needed a change...I wanna knoW!

 
At February 25, 2005 at 11:29 AM, Blogger Tere said...

Hey thanks, Kristin!
You must be busy with school, eh? Hope its going well. We all miss your posts at craftster, and I'll keep checking your blog for updates. :)
Tere

 
At February 28, 2005 at 6:57 AM, Anonymous christine said...

Okay, I check your blog like every day! What are you doing?? I love your stuff!

 
At February 28, 2005 at 8:44 PM, Blogger natasha said...

super cute blog. i love your hair also. i have the frizzy version of it. it isn't quite as cool...

beingnatashafialkov.blogspot.com

 
At March 6, 2005 at 10:33 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Thanx to everyone for the birthday wishes! It was spectacular indeed! I'll be posting a lot more frequently now that all this school sheisse is over! hah! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home