I heart wool and sharp pointy sticks

A blog about my obsessive compulsive knitting escapades!

Friday, January 21, 2005

Such a Gwennabe!

I've come to the conclusion that hats are really fun to make...so without further ado, I give you the Gwennabe Zim hat, inspired by Lisascenic's (from craftster.org) split Gwen Stefani & Liz Zimmerman personality ;-) ... also Gwen's latest Louis Vuitton blue, white n' black corset thing-a-ma-jig she wore.




Final thought: To pom-pom, or not to pom pom? That is zee question!

In other news, I transferred classes for the umpteenth time, yesterday! The silkscreen class required me to get an insane amount of materials... so I decided to transfer to an acting class. Apparently I'm one of two students in the entire course... sounds intense, but I'm intrigued!
While I was haunting the school hallways waiting to meet with my advisor, I managed to get swindled into helping my friend shoot his film, booming for sound. That's always a fun job. Great arm workout, I must say. :-)

I was supposed to go to this place Darkroom with my friend last night, but it was too damn cold out. It's too damn cold out today also. I don't have to be anywhere, so I'm content just hibernating for the rest of the afternoon with a mug o' tea and working on a script for my project.

11 Comments:

At January 21, 2005 at 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kristin,
I vote no pom pom! It seems like a sophisticated sort of hat without the pom pom. Plus now you have an excuse to make another hat--one that is especially pom pom-worthy, and more on the cute side :) I love hats too, there are so many kinds to make, so many opportunities to experiment and they're quick!
Great job,
Tere

 
At January 22, 2005 at 5:10 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Kristin,
I say no to pom-pom. The hat is very cute as is and a pom-pom might be too distracting. Have fun knitting this weekend as the snow storm comes your way!

 
At January 22, 2005 at 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just adore this hat! I agree it doesn't need any further embellishment. Great work!

Patti
http://redvelvetcake.typepad.com

 
At January 23, 2005 at 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is great! and you're so pretty :D! *envious*
i say no to a pompom too :)

 
At January 23, 2005 at 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definately no pom-pom! The hat is adorable as is and seems to suit your personality (as much as I can tell from your photos, ha-ha). BTW, how's the painting class coming? I felt terrible for you after you logged in your escapade!
Krista aka knitabit on craftster

 
At January 23, 2005 at 10:17 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Thanx sooo much for all your great comments! OK, majority rules! No Pom-Pom! ;-)

Krista -- I nixed the painting class. It's all about acting class now ;-) *sigh* my advisor must hate me by now, I've transferred classes so many times. hah!

 
At January 25, 2005 at 7:10 AM, Blogger Christine (knitting for boozehags) said...

I LOVE THIS HAT!!! I love your style, you make the cutest things!! Me want pattern!

 
At January 25, 2005 at 5:30 PM, Blogger Ashik0 said...

Lovely hat! I agree, I love your style, everything you knit is so cool!

 
At February 10, 2005 at 6:58 PM, Anonymous Leanne said...

I love love love the hat. Could you tell me where to get the pattern?

Thanks

 
At February 21, 2005 at 7:01 AM, Blogger Shannon Aileen said...

Dear Kristin,
I hope you don't mind, I loved your design so much I made a crochet version (due to my very limited knitting skills and my burning need to own this hat.) I'm not going to post the pattern, out of deference to your skills, but if you'd like to see it I'd be happy to send it to you! Is it okay if I put up a picture on my blog, though?
Shannon

 
At February 22, 2005 at 11:47 AM, Blogger strangelittlemama said...

That hat is so amazing! I saw that you posted your pattern on crafster, so I'm going to knit one up in similar colors for my knitty secret pal! I'll make one for myself eventually, too-- love it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home