I heart wool and sharp pointy sticks

A blog about my obsessive compulsive knitting escapades!

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Jiffy Tube-Top in a Jiff (*updated*)

I finally finished the tube-top! My fingers feel like their gonna fall off, but I'm happy with the way it came out. It's a bit snug on the top, but I'm guessing it'll eventually stretch out... and it's off to the dry cleaners with this baby.


Gauge:
7.25st = 4" : 20 rows = 4" on No. 9, 24" circular needles

Materials:

2 Skeins Lion Brand Jiffy (I used white)
US 9, 24" Circular needles

Directions:

CO 90

Row 1: Join, work rib pattern in K2, P2 for (20 rows)

Row 21: K38, P1, K12, P1, K rest of row (4rows)

Row 25: K38, P1, C6b, C6f, P1, K rest of row.

Row 26: Repeat Row 21 for 8 rows

Row 35: Repeat Row 25

Row 36: Repeat Row 26 - Row 35 6X... after final cable stitch, work Row 21 for four more rows.

Finishing off: work rib patter in K2, P2 for 10 rows, bind off and weave tail into work.

Fin. ;-)


11 Comments:

At January 8, 2005 at 3:22 PM, Blogger Jessica / Fig & Plum said...

looks nifty...and it's lion brand! great work.

 
At January 11, 2005 at 2:24 PM, Blogger Mo said...

Hi - I saw your tube top on Craftster and was so grateful to see that you posted the pattern here. It really is a beautifully simple design that I'm sure many people are excited about making! Thanks for sharing, Kristin!

 
At March 7, 2005 at 10:09 PM, Anonymous Mallory said...

My grandma taught me how to knit when I was a little girl. I recently picked it up again and came to the internet to find some ideas. I came to your website first and love your tube top pattern... but i am wondering where I can find out what that "code" means.

 
At April 23, 2005 at 9:45 AM, Anonymous sara said...

what size is the white tube top? i am a busty lady, but i would love to knit one!

 
At May 7, 2005 at 2:22 PM, Anonymous whitney said...

I love this pattern -- I just finished my top last night, and it's great! thanks for posting!

 
At February 8, 2006 at 8:25 PM, Anonymous Nicole said...

Your tube top looks excellent - I can't wait to get to the yarn store to buy more and knit this, too:-)

 
At August 13, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Blogger DJ Fullen said...

Hi, this is an awesome top and I was wondering if you would mind terribly if I sold a couple of these finished tops on my etsy.com page? I made one and love it and tons of people have asked me to make one for them, so I figured it would sell pretty well. I would definitely credit you in the listing as having made the pattern, of course. If not, I completely understand.

 
At July 24, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What size/measurement is the top edge? I'm fairly certain I am not so tiny as you and will need to adjust.

 
At February 25, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

REALLY CUTE! I want one! What size is it... I know for sure Im not that small... size please!

 
At August 3, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Hi~ I love your top, but could you clarify your gauge to me? How can you have 7.25 stitches...??

 
At May 26, 2014 at 4:50 PM, Blogger G-ma Shanny said...

I am curious that 90 is not divisible by 4. Does that mean there are 2 knit ribs next to each other? my email is shanzboyzrule@yahoo.com please respond. Also what size is this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home